EMERGING LEADER GRANTS
Emerging Leader Grants are an investment in the development of leaders, between the ages of 20-35, at Christian organizations who are leading new programs at the intersection of poverty, violence, and inequality.
Emerging Leader grants are $15,000 over two years for new programs led by young adult leaders. Of the $15,000, $10,000 is designated for start-up expenses for the new program and $5,000 is designated exclusively for leadership development.
This grant program has a rolling deadline with grants awarded quarterly.
Finding Our Leaders
We believe investing in leaders and their programs when they are getting started can have a catalytic impact on both the program, and the kind of leader that person will be long into the future. We seek to identify leaders who possess these skills and characteristics:
- Inspires and influences others
- Clear communicator
- Visionary and strategic thinking
- Persistence and commitment
- Develops trust within their team
- Deep engagement in their community
- A calling to this work, rooted in faith in Christ
The key eligibility guideline for this program in addition to our overall eligibility is that leaders of the program must be between the ages of 20-35.
What Does an Emerging Leader Grantee Receive?
How to Apply
- Proposals can only be submitted via the online form by clicking the Apply Now button below
- Upon clicking the Apply Now button the list of questions can be downloaded for your planning and preparation purposes
- Review projects that have been previously funded in our Grants Directory
- Review the Emerging Leader Grant Schedule below for upcoming deadlines
Questions in developing a proposal should be directed to the Programs staff at .
Once submitted, proposals are reviewed by We Raise program staff. All applicants will be interviewed or called to discuss their proposal. We see the proposal and interview process as a learning opportunity for applicants and will share feedback regardless of approval or denial. Requested revisions or resubmissions are not uncommon.
Program staff may also contact mentors of applicants to gain additional insight.
Finally, recommendations will be given to the President for approval and denial. Grant awards are announced according to the schedule below.
|2018 Proposal Submission Date|
|Grant Award Date|