Motivated by our belief that freedom is grace in action, we provide grants and assistance with resource development to organizations that work at the intersection of poverty, violence, and inequality in the United States. We have a preference for solutions within the areas of education, workforce development, and criminal justice—funding nonprofit, Christian organizations that predominantly serve communities of color.
Our grant programs are about much more than money, providing both a financial award and capacity building resources and support. Long-term successful programs and leaders benefit from expert advice, connections with other inspired leaders, and additional funding opportunities. We actively connect our grantees to activities and resources that will strengthen their programs, leadership, and effectiveness for sustainable impact. We offer two grant programs – GrantsPlus Grants and Emerging Leader Grants. We invite you to explore which one is the best fit for your program!
GrantPlus grants are our largest and most competitive grant program, partnering with Christian organizations in Chicago, St. Louis, Milwaukee, and Oakland/San Francisco working at the intersection of poverty, violence, and inequality. These grants are particularly focused on education, workforce development, or criminal justice. There are two deadlines each year.
- Receive a total of $100,000 over three years
- Utilize our crowdfunding platform during the term of your grant to expand your fundraising efforts and connect with more supporters. You’ll benefit from a campaign consultant and matching dollars from We Raise when you successfully reach goals of $20,000, $35,000 and $50,000. Donor information from the campaign is exclusive property of the grantee
- Work alongside We Raise staff at some point during the term of your grant as they conduct a resource development assessment and help your organization uncover additional opportunities for growth
- Each year of the grant term request up to $2,500 in Capacity Building Funds to invest in the effectiveness and future sustainability of your program
- Receive a report on foundation prospects
- Wealth screening on up to 10,000 names
Emerging Leader Grants
Emerging Leader Grants are an investment in the development of leaders, between the ages of 20-35, at Christian organizations who are leading new programs at the intersection of poverty, violence and inequality in the United States. This grant application has a rolling deadline with grants awarded twice a year.
- Receive $15,000 over two years – $10,000 supports the new program and $5,000 supports leadership development. This leadership development includes:
- Attendance at a Leadership Fundamentals conference through The Center for Creative Leadership and associated travel and lodging expenses
- Attendance at the Global Leadership Summit through satellite locations
- Individualized Leadership Coaching
- Note: We Raise will not cover costs associated with a degree program or tuition reimbursement.
- Join the network of We Raise’s Emerging Leader Grantees to share skills and learn from each other
Find out what kind of programs we fund, what is included in grant proposals, and what is involved in the review process.
We Raise Foundation provides funding for:
- Christian nonprofits within the United States and serving people in the United States
- Organizations serving people at the intersection of poverty, violence and inequality
- Organizations serving predominantly people of color
- Programs that are three years old or younger or ones that have significantly expanded or entirely revised
- Programs that propose a new and innovative approach
- Capital expenses essential to new programming